CESIE is a European centre of studies and initiatives, established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of the sociologist Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
Our Mission: To promote growth through innovative and participative educational approaches.
Our Vision: The world to become only one creature.
CESIE breaks with an ethnocentric global drive and focuses on individuals and diversity.
Doing so, we apply the teaching of Danilo Dolci who developed innovative educational non-violent methods (such as the “strike in reverse” –working without pay- through which individuals initiated unauthorized public works projects, by and for the grass-roots in the ‘50 in Sicily).
Building on our experience and coherently to our story, we experience the possibility to overturn dynamics and approaches, aiming at a smarter and more sustainable worldwide future educational cooperation.
- To improve lifelong education in Europe through transnational projects involving local communities.
- To promote sustainable development of neighbouring regions and beyond through training and education.
- To foster progress and innovation in Higher Education and Research.
- To support learning mobility for people at all ages, across borders and sectors.
- To stimulate local growth by adapting international good practices and methods.
CESIE’s head office is located in the city centre of Palermo, plus our other offices in the World: India, Nepal and Senegal, and is divided into five departments:
- Higher Education and Research;
- European Cooperation;
- International Cooperation;
- Socio – Cultural Promotion.