This project intends to stimulate public debate on the benefits of youth entrepreneurship as a viable career option, overcoming obstacles that stand in their way and political measures that can be boosted to support it.
With the aim of facing low rates of investment in social and productive infrastructure addressed to young people, with the consequent increase in unemployment and lack of personal and professional skills.
The main objective is to transfer to youth NEET (not in employment, education or training) innovative capacity building methodologies that seek job training and guidance to improve their possibilities of entrance into the labour market. Using tools of non-formal education, youth will learn about personal and professional capacities to increase their entrepreneurial abilities and thus, to apply this knowledge in their territories (mainly rural and depopulated areas).
- Awareness campaigns in Partner countries (El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala and Costa Rica) focusing on the meaning of non-formal education, its benefits and consequences applying to their unemployed situation.
- Study visits of youth workers from Partner countries (between 5 days and 2 months) to Programme country (Spain) to learn methodologies of local and employment development.
- Research about endogenous potentialities in their territories and exchange of good practices successfully applied to other territories with similar characteristics in both Programme and Partners’ countries.
- Conference and workshops as multipliers events to increase the impact of project results and go ahead with non-formal education methods as a tool of local development.
- Training of 24 youth workers in the field of non-formal education methodologies applied to entrepreneurship skills and local development.
- Training of 150 youth NEET about entrepreneurial skills and personal and professional skills.
- Cross-border cooperation between youth living in closing territories.
- Improvement of employment rates in cross-border territories, therefore, reinforcing neighbouring poor and depopulated territories.
- Strengthen cooperation between Programme and Partners’ countries benefitting from synergies of both regions (America-Europe) arisen from youth unemployment and non-formal education.
- Signature of intervention protocol between public authorities and youth, booting and professionalising efficient territory management of the participating countries.